The future is sooner than you think!
What does the future of communications look like? In the latest edition of the IEEE Summit on Communications Futures hosted by the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc), a group of distinguished professionals with broad expertise will present their vision. The summit will examine the intersection of technologies including optical networking, satellite communications, and artificial intelligence, and future use cases in public safety, cybersecurity, and drones/UAVs.
We invite you to join leaders and innovators from industry, government, and academia for a wonderful collaboration and exchange of ideas against the backdrop of the PTC ’19 conference at the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Waikiki Beach Resort in Honolulu. Topics and speakers include:
- Wireless Connectivity in Rural Areas: Magdy Iskander, Director, Hawaii Advanced Wireless Technologies Institute (HAWT Institute)
- Optical Networking: Lara Garrett, Director of System Engineering, TE Subcom
- Drones/UAV: Kamesh Namuduri, Professor, University of North Texas College of Engineering
- Networked Smart Agriculture and Machine Learning Panel chaired by Isar Mostafanezhad, Founder and CEO, Nalu Scientific
- Panelist: Upkar Dhaliwal, CEO, FutureWireless Technologies
- Panelist: Vincent Kimura, CEO, Smart Yields
- Panelist: Penelope Nagel, COO-President, Persistence Data Mining
- Panelist: Narayana Prasad Santhanam, University of Hawaii Department of Electrical Engineering
- Public Safety Networks: Mehmet Ulema, Professor, Computer Information Systems, Manhattan College
- Doubling Spectral Efficiency: Bingli Jiao, Director of Wireless Communications and Signal Processing Research Center, Peking University
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Networks: Mahmoud Daneshmand, Industry Professor, Business Intelligence & Analytics, and Computer Science Departments, Stevens Institute of Technology; and Honggang Wang, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth